Re: Harrington Alpine at LeMans

To: rande@thecia.net, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Harrington Alpine at LeMans
From: RootesRooter@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 11:25:59 EST
In a message dated 1/10/2006 3:51:46 AM Pacific Standard Time,
rande@thecia.net writes:

In the  December 2005 issue of Thoroughbred & Classic Cars are the
auction  results from Bonhams Goodwood Revival sale of September 16. One
of the  cars mentioned is a mint green Harrington Alpine with faired in
headlights. I couldn't read the entire number plate, but it starts with
'3000'. It went for a bid of 54,000 pounds. Does anyone know who owned
this car and where it figured in appearance at LeMans. I don't know, I'm
simply asking.>>>>

I believe that was Clive Harrington's restored Thermal Index winner.