Rootes Rendezvous

To: <TIGEROOTES@aol.com>, <TLKSRHOME@aol.com>, <RootesAlpine@aol.com>,
Subject: Rootes Rendezvous
From: "Chuck Nicodemus" <armorseal@spiretech.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 13:01:41 -0700
WHAT A TRIP!!!!!
 To Ohan and all the helpers, A GREAT BIG THANKS !

What a trip, Jane and I left here in Portland, OR., around noon on Friday.
We met up with Ed Erickson and his gal, at Bellingham about 7 Friday
evening. That Seattle traffic is just way too much.! They came over from
Vashon Island, WA.. Had a nice dinner, beer and sat and chatted for a spell.

Saturday AM, Jane and I were off abit eariler to meet up at Richard and Deb
Coxs' home in Richmond BC,   for the run to the Park. And in the future the
copper at the border said" You best bring your Visa or birth certificate "
I'll let it go this time". Of course Richard was polishing up that beautiful
Black car.Making me feel bad already,,,,), We dropped off our stuff at thier
home, as we were to stay the evening with them after the day out. The day
just went to fast, meeting, at Stanley Park in Vancouver, BC. was the best I
have seen for quite some time. It brought to mind some of the early ABFMs in
Bellview, WA.

Ohan, the organizer of the program had a good part of a parking lot and a
shady lawn area all roped off . Plenty of parking and as cars started to
arrive, I could see abit of GRIN coming from Ohan. All the touchy feely
stuff on the cars, bonnets up, every head was looking into engine bays, boot
lids and storage areas very well looked into. I found out a couple new items
I hadn't seen before, The actual sun visor on a series ll and a tonnoue
cover lift bar. ??? Well Richard knows what it is anyway. I want one. 10 or
11 cars did show and one Arial square four 1957 model motor bike. Most all
brought something to eat, pot luck and BBQ. All I had was an appetite.

Jane and i felt so good with the group and were welcomed by all.

Now the hard part, I left my camera at Richards house, but never fail Ohan
came through,
http://www.sunbeamcanada.org/rootes_rendezvous.htm
The pictures don't tell it all but a close second.