Re: Am I still here?

To: Keith Johnson <keiths55@bigpond.net.au>
Subject: Re: Am I still here?
From: jumpinjan <jservaites@woh.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 07:57:52 -0800
Keith Johnson wrote:

> I notice the tail on your message about the birthplace of aviation.
> It may be of little interest in North America but a New Zealand farmer
> actually managed a powered flight before Orville and Wilbur.

Yes, as well as the Frenchman, but the Wright Bros developed/invented so
many areas required for "practical flight", like aero propellers, wing
lift theory & design, the 3-axis of control and so on, so longer flight
is possible. After the flying demonstration in France, there was no
question that the Wrights were way ahead of everyone else.
--

Jan Servaites (Dayton OH - The Birthplace of Aviation)

              http://www.wright-brothers.org/

              "I am convinced that human flight is
              possible and practical."
                             -- Wilbur Wright, 1899