Idiot breathing

To: "Alpine" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Idiot breathing
From: "lauri lehtinen" <lauri.lehtinen@pp.nic.fi>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 22:39:47 +0300
Hullo,
I did a conversion which seems to be not so wise. It may be much more near to
idiotic.
    I FOUND A valve from baby Cuda's intake manifold, screwed it to my intake
and connected it to ser 4's valve cover (tube connection at the oil filling
neck). I had some idea that it could burn those gases etc. fumes and make some
vacum inside the engine thus minoring the oil drippings all around.

But I did not block the original open breathing tube from the sump (via lifter
cover). I am quite sure that minor problems in idling and at run at low revs
is due to "wrong air" coming from crankhouse to intake manifold via pushrod
tunnels. I have fitted a ser 5 manifold with Z-Strombergs, which use intake
vacume to operate.

Any comments?

#auri Lehtinen
journalist, engineer