Re: Harrington LeMans to be destroyed

To: "Carl French" <leylandauto@yahoo.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Harrington LeMans to be destroyed
From: "Keith Johnson" <keiths55@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 18:10:34 +1000
Looking at the pictures it would be a very "major" rebuild that would be
needed.
I am prone to being over optimistic about rebuilding rusty relics but I
think I would pass on this one.
It appears that most of the floor and underfloor metal has succumbed to the
dreaded "tinworms".
My 57 Rapier which I thought was a difficult rust repair has more to work
with than this car.
Starting with an Alpine parts car would be the only way to approach the job.
A straight and fairly sound "chassis" section  to start from at least.
A person would really have to want this model to tackle a job of this
magnitude.

Keith
55 Californian
57 Rapier