Re: PPG paint number

To: Rodolfo Jacques <rodolfo_jacques@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: PPG paint number
From: jumpinjan <jservaites@woh.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 18:08:10 -0700
Rodolfo Jacques wrote:

> Hi All,
> The S I is finally nearing the spraying stage after a
> ground up body resto but I need your help before
> proceeding. The selected color is SI light gray but I
> have no code reference for it, either the PPG or
> Dupont number would solve the issue. Thanks for the
> help.
> Rodolfo

Rodolfo,
        I have never seen a #11 Thistle Gray seriesI Alpine. Your best bet
would be to have any original gray paint scanned by the paint store and
have them mix up a batch of paint for your car. All the Dupont/ PPG
formulas for Rootes paint are gone and don't apply to the new synthetic
paint dyes anyway. If you have any original paint samples left, of
Thistle Gray, I would like to borrow them and match them it up to a new
formula. That's a pretty rare color.
Jan Servaites