Re: [Re: SV:

To: jumpinjan <jservaites@woh.rr.com>, KKJ <kkj@privat.utfors.se>
Subject: Re: [Re: SV:
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 20:49:58 -0500
Be aware that there are two different versions of the "classic" Lucas starter.
 The earlier ones had a barrel type communtator and side mounted brushes, the
later ones had a disk type commutator and end mounted brushes.  The early ones
were robust, long lasting and other then occaisional jamming, were a very good
starter.  The later ones lacked both torque and longevity.

Jan Eyerman

jumpinjan <jservaites@woh.rr.com> wrote:
I don't understand why people think new technology will work better if
you just get a good starter to begin with? I drove my Alpine, back in
the '70s, for many years and never had any starter problems (and I was
using 12.5:1 compression in my engine). I guess my recommendation is to
buy a rebuilt one from Rick at S.S. and be done with it.
Jan