Re: VOLVO Clutch

To: "Alpine list" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: VOLVO Clutch
From: "Alkon" <alkon@bigpond.com.au>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 18:16:48 +1000
The Volvo clutch throwout bearing is a ball race and runs on a guide tube
around the gearbox input shaft. This type of clutch is totally incompatable
with the Rootes carbon throwout bearing. If you want to use the Volvo clutch
pressure plate then a guide tube and the correct type of throwout bearing
must be used. This work is really fairly simple to do and made easier if you
can steal the right parts off a Volvo. I have done this adaptation to couple
a Jag box to a Chrysler Hemi V8.

Unless you use dragracer clutch techniques. (7000rpm and step off the
clutch.) then the Rootes supplied item will handle anything that your 1600
or 1725 engine can deliver.

Keith