RE: Shipping Costs

To: "Alex McGregor" <awmcgregor@shaw.ca>
Subject: RE: Shipping Costs
From: "Eddie Donovan" <Eddie.Donovan@PWGSC.GC.CA>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:24:45 -0500
Al,
I had a Series II Alpine shipped from Los Angeles to Ottawa. All was arranged
by the hauler. The car was first shipped from LA to my haulers (Wayne Rowe
Classic Cars) yard in Phoenix for $350 USD. Then it went from Phoenix to Ottawa
for a cost of $1,375 Canadian including PST and GST. I can't recall what the
cost of  the import duties were but it wasn't excessive. The biggest problem
was the wait. There can be a waiting list to get on a hauler and I had to wait
for 5 months for a place on the rig.

You will find that a non-runner is a lot more expensive to have shipped. My
Series II was a complete car but not running and as I found out most haulers
won't touch it if you can't drive it on and off a transport. I did get quotes
on shipping a running Series V from pretty well the same area and the price was
about 30% less.

Eddie Donovan (AlpineII)
Carlsbad Springs, Ontario
Series II, 1961 - B9108405 LRX - At the paint shop and waiting for parts
Series II, 1961 - B9104430 ODLR - Future project
SAOCA Member #20