Re: Oil pressure adjustment

To: SerIIAlpine@netscape.net
Subject: Re: Oil pressure adjustment
From: jumpinjan <jservaites@woh.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 13:36:36 -0800
SerIIAlpine@netscape.net wrote:

> I've installed a serV oil filter base with it's oil pressure relief valve and
>was wondering if there was a way to adjust it so that I might get more than 50
>lbs of peak oil pressure on my newly rebuilt 1600cc engine.

You have enough oil pressure. Have you checked for blockage in the upper
oil gallery? That oil line has probably been removed and installed about
a hundred times in it's whole life. Check all that stuff first. If
everything turns out normal, you can always remove the valve seals from
the exhaust valves. Actually, that's not a bad idea to do for all the
Alpine engines, due to their high guide wear.
jan
--