Buying Parts at a junkyard

To: <ellis838@concentric.net>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Buying Parts at a junkyard
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 09:39:26 -0400
A suggestion when buying parts from a Jap car at a junkyard.... look for a car
that is smashed up, not one that appears to be in good condition.  You know
that the smashed up car was junked because it was wrecked, chances are the car
in good condition was junked because it was worn out.

Jan Eyerman
1973 Hillman Avenger
1962 Hillman Minx Series IIIC convertible

ellis838@concentric.net wrote:
Eric,
 You should be able to get one at just most any parts house. I bought
one at Advance Auto Parts, but NAPA should have them or you can get one
on line at www.carparts.com. Then there is always the pick a part. The
part number for the one I got is 14231 from around a 80 pickup cost $45.
A top bracket from a 80s Datsun truck is a good fit if you flip it over
so the curve goes up.  Jim

SerIIAlpine@netscape.net wrote:

>Is there a place I can pick up an alternator like the Datsun/Mitsubishi one
listed on the soac site.  I'm in LA, Hollywood/N. Hollywood area.