Re: Cam profiles

To: Paul Heuer <pheuer@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Cam profiles
From: Victor Hughes <hughes@scides.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 12:14:34 +1000
Hi Paul,

I reckon you're probably right there.  Interestingly there is a Camshaft
thread running simultaneously on the Hillman list.  One of the Hillman
listers (John McRae from South Aus) tells us he got his cam from All Hunter
Spares in Melbourne, to the same grind as Andrew Cowans London-Sydney
winning Hunter, and he recons it's great - I have asked what other mods if
any he is running.......

Still chasing hubs (not long back from Bourke).  Also, have a pic for you
(when I scan it ) of engine in car.  I fired it last night for first time
since rebuild but as no exhaust system (next job) shut down straight away.

Also running on the Hillman list at the moment is a thread on fuel
injection on classics.  I recalled you saying that a SA club member had
used Camira injection on his Alpine.  Do you have any details, or a contact
for him ? - a couple of Aussies have expressed interest.

Cheers

Vic