Re: Gt door trims

To: Paul Tring <paultring@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Gt door trims
From: Jeff Howarth <jeff@v8tiger.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 07:41:07 +0100
Hi Paul,

just to clarify, there are metal plates which are fixed to the hard
board panel of the GT door trim. these go along the bottom and front
edges and the vinyl extends over these covering more of the painted area
of the door.
At the front of the door where it curves down under the quarter light
(wing window), the vinyl covered metal trim should cover the painted
curve on the door and is held in place with a tap screw.

At the rear, there is a 3 inch long chromed (or maybe stainless) s
shaped bracket which holds the rear of the door panel in place. It fits
on the 2 screws on the inside face of the door which retain the
dovetail.

If you are missing these, I have some.

The ones along the bottom of the door panel tend to rust and you have to
make something up.

regards

Jeff

In message <000b01c2673a$76eccdf0$6501a8c0@paul>, Paul Tring