Re: Stock Turn Signal and OD Swithces

To: Thomas Wiencek <wiencek@anl.gov>
Subject: Re: Stock Turn Signal and OD Swithces
From: Jeff Howarth <jeff@v8tiger.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 22:01:53 +0100
Hi Tom,

you are correct that series 1 & 2 have the chrome turn signal and OD
switch - the OD switch being just on/off. both having the pointed tips

the turn signal switch for the series 3 to 5 and tigers is black and
come in 2 types, one with headlamp flash and one without.
Under the fitting times for special accessories, it lists fitting a
headlamp flasher type as 1 hour.

The OD switch went to the centre off type with up down for engage /
release over drive.

I am pretty sure that some series 3 cars had chrome turn signal and over
drive switch stalks but with round tips as per the later cars. It shows
chrome on the series 3 sales brochure I have. I don't know at what point
it changed to black.

regards

Jeff

In message <000f01c25d94$25e9af90$69f18b92@et.anl.gov>, Thomas Wiencek