brighter dash lights and length of life

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: brighter dash lights and length of life
From: PaAlmjel@dwu.edu
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 14:26:22 -0500
Hi all:

Since I was the first to bring these bulbs to the list attention, allow me
to be the first as well to provide information regarding their useable life
span.  I installed them back in April.  Without an active timer on the car,
I can only estimate the total number of hours they have already burned.  At
this point in time I  estimate they have been used for no less than 15 hours
and more than likely upwards of twenty hours.  At a consistent usage rate of
15/16 hours over a four month period I should start to see failing bulbs
about the end of December or beginning of January.  I'll keep ya'll posted.

Realistically, I suspect they will still be providing improved dash
illumination for another 10 years or so, if not more.  However, at the
present rate of physiological failure that I am presently experiencing I
won't be able to even see the dash by then, much less the lights.

from sunny SD

Dr. Paul Almjeld
Department of Music
Dakota Wesleyan University