Re: Sticky hood

To: <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Sticky hood
From: "Paul Heuer" <pheuer@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 14:56:24 -0500
Steve,
Under the dash where the release handle mounts to the dash brace is an
adjustment point (as well as the obvious adjustment of the rod under the
hood). I'm 12,000 miles away from car (sob!) so I can't check on the
details, but I remember that my hood used to pop open often while driving
and I fixed it by ajdusting the bracket under the dash.

BTW - as insurance, while making the adjustments, loop a piece of strong
twine around the release arm under the hood and trail it up an over the
windscreen. That way if you make a bad adjustment you can still yank on the
twine to pop the hood open.

Cheers,
Paul.