Re: Invasion 2002

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Invasion 2002
From: "Paul Heuer" <pheuer@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 21:32:46 -0500
Hear, hear Tim!

I sent the guys a private email, but I think the rest of the list should
know too.

I had a fantastic time over the weekend. It was great to finally put faces
to so many people, and so many people took time out to sit and chat with me
and my family. The surroundings were beautiful, all the amenities (toilets,
shades, tables, charis pool) were laid on, and the cars - excellent. I
didn't know where to look next - four Harringtons, including Bob Avery's
gorgeous racing car, heaps of Alpines in all sorts of conditions (metallic
gold S3 was my pick there, but I'm biased coz my car is the metallic green
version of that), and a smattering of fairly subdued Tiger owners ;-) Yep,
Jeff's Tiger was my pick of them too.

With my car left behind in Australia, the weekend provided my first glimpse
of Alpines in over 6 months. But what a glimpse!

Thanks to everyone there for making it a fun weekend, and thanks to Ian and
the SAOCA crew for making it all possible.
Cheers,
Paul.