Re: Air vents again

To: edalsj@igs.net|John, edalsj@igs.net (Slade), alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air vents again
From: CANISDOG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:26:23 -0400
John,
I have recentlly purchased the entire front cowl from a series 5 with the vent
holes intact.  It's pretty rough due to that fact it was cut out with a torch.
I was planning on putting vents in my series 3 but have changed my mind and
want to stay stock for now.  I can send this entire piece to you so you can
develope your pattern and then send it back.
If your vent flaps are loose and not "hinged" anymore then they are broke.  You
will need to purchase the vent flap repair kit from SS or CS.  Now is the time
to repair them as it's just about impossible in the car.
There is a specific way the bracket exits the chamber on each side.  I think
they both exit the right side but I will have to check.  I wrote it down at
home.  As you must know, the vent rods are unique on both sides and are shaped
to avoid other stuff under the dash.
You also need to obtain the late crash pad for the bottom of your dash that
includes the brackets for the vent rods.

Paul
Colorado