Re: Upset people (Little Alpine Content)

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Upset people (Little Alpine Content)
From: Victor Hughes <hughes@scides.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:44:35 +1000
Listers

Without getting into the detail of this dispute I need to say some stuff about
Steve.  First, he recently supplied me with a 2nd hand engine block in good
condition and at a nominal cost.  He took the time to strip it, tell me about
it and
crate it so it could be shipped.  Second, I do not consider his work on the
Toyota 5
speed 'commercial' - it seems to me he is trying to help other listers,
particularly
those in the 'States who have now have the opportunity to take advantage of the
low
value on the Aus $  (53 US cents today). Steve lives interstate from the
engineering
firm concerned and has no doubt racked up some trunk call expenses - he doesn't
seem
to me to be making a buck on this venture, more like spending his own.  I find
getting Alpine parts difficult in Australia  (they sold maybe 250 a year here,
so
you can imagine how many are left) and knowledge of any source in Aus is
welcome,
particularly given the Bank's rapacity when exchanging currency.  Go Steve

Vic