Re: [Re: Alpine /Tiger seat belts]

To: "Kevin McLemore" <kmclemore@hotmail.com>, <ellis838@concentric.net>,
Subject: Re: [Re: Alpine /Tiger seat belts]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:29:54 -0400
"Kangol" made the seat belts/shoulder belts in all of the '69 Sunbeams I have
owned and also in all of the Crickets I have owned.  So they were indeed a
Rootes supplier.  In all of the above cars they were original factory
equipment.

Jan Eyerman
1973 Hillman Avenger (ex Plymouth Cricket)
1962 Hillman Minx Series IIIC Convertible

"Kevin McLemore" <kmclemore@hotmail.com> wrote:
Well, Ian and Jim, they're the same ones that are in my Series V.  I bought
my Alpine from the original owner and he bought it new in Iceland while on a
US millitary base in 1967.  The original paperwork says it came with
seatbelts and the ones in there now say 'Kangol', not 'Rootes'.  I don't
have the slide-on plastic sleeves shown in the picture, but I wish I did...
the belts do get tangled around the seat backs.  However, mine came with
nice little curved steel clips mounted at the back of the top of the centre
armrest.. these hold the magnetic buckles when not in use. I don't see these
in his photo.

Regards,
Kevin McLemore