Re: Sandblasters and Cabinet Blasters

To: Dan Eiland <deiland1@elp.rr.com>, alpines <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sandblasters and Cabinet Blasters
From: Ron Tebo <tebomr@cadvision.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 06:05:09 -0600
Dan:

I just completed the building of a medium-large blasting cabinet, and
did a fair amount of research in the process. As many will tell you,
sand is no longer used in automotive applications because it heats and
distorts as well as removing too much metal. Also, sand blasting
releases many dangerous and toxic compounds, and there is really no way
to use small syphon blasters safely in a home setting. You are better
off using a commercial bead blaster or stripper for large parts, and
building or buying a cabinet for smaller parts (this is worth while as I
used to pay $35US/hr for glass bead blasting I can now do for the cost
of the media) Contact me off list if you are interested in pictures of
what I built or if you have questions.

Ron Tebo