Tranny

To: "Alpine" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tranny
From: "lauri lehtinen" <lauri.lehtinen@pp.nic.fi>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 10:23:08 +0300
I have to rebuild my engine & gearbox. 20 years since last rebuild is long
time.

I got a gearbox from about -60 Minx. I think I put it in for one summer and
rebuild my "sporty close box" during that time.

How to go through a gearbox? I have to make a quick test before I put that
tranny in.

How can I be sure bearings and synchro bits are good enough for about 3000
miles or 5000 km? I have opened a car gearbox once - 25 years ago, and then I
got a spesialist with me. Is there a www site where I can dowload a work
list?
Thank you, guys! 4 years ago I got that type of "step-by-step" list for
differential change. Nullo problemo with that work - but I have to say we in
Finland still buy our beer in bottles, seldom in aluminium cans. As Jarrid
then said it took a sixpac to open it and a twelwepac to get it together
again.

By the way, has someone valve springs in stock, and I hope in EU area? Please
let me know.

Larry Leaflet