Weekend Racer

To: "Alpine List" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weekend Racer
From: "Louis & Laila" <bwana@c2i2.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 09:11:37 -0700
Howdy List,
     I have a copy of a movie made back in 1967 documenting SCCA racing. It
is about an hour long, and one of the three featured drivers is racing, you
guessed it, a Sunbeam Alpine! It is an interesting video to say the leaste!
"It is nostalgic" is an understatement, because it has authentic bongo solos
while the cars speed by! It features some very heavy hitters, like Carrol
Shelby, in fact one of the cars featured is a Shelby GT 350, the other is a
Bugeye Sprite. With all of that said, there are 6 (count em') Alpines in the
featured race at Santa Barbara. This is a copy of a copy of a copy, and it
was copied from a movie projector copy, so the quality is not stellar,
though it isn't as bad as you would think, It is better than super 8, hows
that for discription. I had 8 videos made, and 7 of them were reserved. That
leaves one available. If you want it, please let me know. It will be $10,
shipped. That about covers the cost of the postage, tapes, packaging, and
copying. If you want the last copy, reply to this email. First "Yes, I want
it, and the check is being written now" gets it. Then send me a check for
$10.

Louis S. Meyers
1714 w. 26th Dr.
Yuma Az. 85364