Clutch Slave Cylinders

To: "List, Alpine" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch Slave Cylinders
From: John Slade <edalsj@igs.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 20:18:10 -0500
Am about to re-attach the clutch slave cylinder to my newly rebuilt
1725, and I find I have two of them, and am not sure which one is
correct for the 1725. The only difference between them is that one is
1.25" longer than the other (the internals are essentially identical,
except that the spring length is consistent with the cylinder length).
The part which fits behind the bell housing is identical in both, but
one is 2 3/4" from the flange face to the front end of the casting, the
other is only 1 1/2". The operating rod is slightly over 4"  from the
centre of the securing pin holes to the rounded end of the rod, and
would appear to be able to work in either cylinder, though a bit cramped
in the shorter one.

Any help will be appreciated.

Happy New Year

John Slade