It's Chrome!!

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: It's Chrome!!
From: CANISDOG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 21:06:38 EST
Thanks for all the response's in my quest for the right wheel.  "To chrome or
not to chrome, that is the question"

The response was really great and I value the input I got from many of you.
Yes, it is my car but I want to do the right thing in the Alpine world, and
my opinion can be swayed given the right information.  Since I'm building
this car without cost in mind and will never sell it I had to take the dollar
issue out.  Although I really like the look of the rich chrome 3-eared
spinner against the painted and not so rich spokes, I really didn't like the
look as a whole against the cars I saw at the British Conclave  last summer.
Maybe nobody really had a relly good sample.
Seeing a picture of Bob Wegner's Seires 3 GT with 14" chrome wires did it for
me yesterday.  I have to admit car color has a lot to do with it and his
"silver" car is the BOMB with chrome wires.
I also feel I can always Powder Coat these over the chrome if I decide I
don't like them.  I don't think that will happen but you never know.
And as far as the "hairdresser" thing goes.......
I have always liked the term and plan on getting a period correct female
Mannequin to set in my car when at shows!  Won't that look cool!  :)
I wonder if they have a movie star look alike?

Thanks for all the help.

Paul Scofield
Colorado