Re: [Re: Mag wheels]

To: Alex McGregor <awmcgregor@shaw.ca>, Ryan Lee <jsrlee@powersurfr.com>
Subject: Re: [Re: Mag wheels]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 19 Dec 2001 09:45:29 EST
Tell them it is an English Ford, a larger version of the Anglia! Or you could
buy a set of those phoney wire wheel hubcaps.  They look hokey, but they won't
say "Ford"

Jan Eyerman
1959 Hillman Minx Series III DeLuxe (with Hillman hubcaps)
1973 Hillman Avenger DL I(rebadged Plymouth Cricket!) with Hillman hubcaps

Alex McGregor <awmcgregor@shaw.ca> wrote:
Ryan:

I have a 59 Minx convertable that came from DPO with 14" Ford rims (as well
as
original).  With 205 X 75 radials it makes a world of difference.  I can try
find out what they came from, but there is one major problem:  what do you say
people who ask "when did Ford make a car called a Minx?".  The hubcaps say
Ford,
not Mustang or Pinto or anthing else.

They make a world of difference to the Minx and might make an Alpine fell
better
also.

Al

60  S1 Alpine