Re: Announcing the Sunbeam Alpine Owners Club of America

To: chuck nicodemus <armorseal@spiretech.com>
Subject: Re: Announcing the Sunbeam Alpine Owners Club of America
From: Ian Spencer <ian@sunbeamalpine.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 16:38:15 -0500
Chuck,
It's a fair comment and one that I have taken into consideration. First let me
answer about Sunbeamalpine.org.  Sunbeamalpine.org is just a web site. Not a
club.
If you only knew how much mail I receive from that web site asking "How do I
join?" or "Where can I send a donation?" You would clearly see that the existing
clubs in the US have not filled the void that the Alpine owners are wanting
filled. All of these clubs are Tiger based organizations that make the Alpine
park
in back and do nothing to promote education for the Alpine owners. In my
opinion,
we can sit around and bask in the Tigers shadow, or we can actually do something
for ourselves. It's not about a slap in the face or a new shirt design, it's
about
pride.

I have no intention of stopping sunbeamalpine.org, and I intend to use it as the
club's main educational tool. The club site (saoca.org) will strictly be a
resource for private club issues such as voting, membership, contacts, and news
information pertaining to club members. If other clubs are threatened... well,
maybe they should be. I've been a member of many other clubs and I've never
received anything. I would like to create programs to give back to the owners to
assist with the restoration of their cars. At last years Invasion I gave away
$1000.00 in cash gift certificates which in turn supported our parts vendors
that
have also worked very hard to bring us the parts we need. This year, with the
help
of the SAOCA, I intend to give away more. None of the clubs I've ever been a
part
of have ever done that. If I can have my way, I would like to even give away an
entire car. Chuck, it's simply because I believe in what I'm doing. I can't
however, do this by myself and I can't afford to continue paying for Invasion
events and web sites and cash give-aways all by myself. I could go on, but I
think
I've made my point. In a nut shell, I'm simply responding to the voice of the
people that have been visiting my site. If the worse thing that can happen is
failure... well, compaired to the results we will see if it's a success. I'll
tell
ya, I have to go for it. I hope this answers some of your questions without
creating new ones. If anyone cares to "talk" about this, please feel free to
give
me a call.(Write me for my number.) For now, "Happy Thanksgiving". I'm off to be
with family after a long day of work. Be safe everyone. - Ian