Now its the transmission

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Now its the transmission
From: LOsoccer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 00:24:57 EST
I'm down to the last parts of assembly.   I tried to put the shift lever in the
transmission, It is either incredibly hard to install or the guy who rebuilt my
transmission didn't get it right.  Is there a trick in installing the lever.  I
think I may have put it into the hole in the shifter shaft but it only would go
front to rear of the car not side ways.  There was no neutral position.  I hope
I don't have to take the tranny out to fix it.  Help