Seat Belt Shoulder Harness bolt

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seat Belt Shoulder Harness bolt
From: "mbgardner" <mbgardner@core.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 18:05:05 -0400
I am having difficulty installing the three-point harness shoulder strap
bolt into the wheel well nut.  The plug has been removed but much rust is
left behind.  The bolt provided doesn't match with any common taps I have to
clean it out.  7/16-14 is the tap I have that is the closest.  Could this be
a whitworth thread.  The thread guage from a metric set measured the bolt at
1.25 threads (per mm?)  But a #10 bolt is too small and #12 too big.  Any
help on this one would be appreciated.  I'm about to buy new bolts for the
closest tap I have 7/16" - 14.  Your comments would also be appreciated .  I
got the kit from Sunbeam Spares.  Should I call Rick, or just proceed as I'm
planning?