Virus/ scams

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Virus/ scams
From: Ryan Laughy <snowman@shasta.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 09:35:40 +0800
I received a message from a Mr. Uzo in Lome-Togo, West Africa, offering
me "such a deal".  If I would only lend my help in claiming a "deceased
person's" $14 million account, he and his friends would be eternally
grateful; oh yeah, and I'd score a few million bucks for my trouble.
Just think of the paint job I could put on my Ser. V!

A friend who was a missionary in Ivory Coast for 20 years told me that
there are scores of scams like this all over Africa.  Often, those
simple-minded enough to be sucked in are lured into visiting the
country.  The con men then take them for all the are worth.

Not that anyone smart enough to own a Sunbeam would fall for such a
ruse.  This list does seem to have been sold to or accessed by quite a
variety of folks, though.

Ryan