Re: [RE: Rootes to survive]

To: Jarrid Gross <JGross@econolite.com>, Steve Graham
Subject: Re: [RE: Rootes to survive]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 14 Aug 2001 11:22:50 EDT
Although I can't read it, my Peykan owner's manual shows twin carbs on what
appears to be the aluminum head manifold.

Jan Eyerman

Jarrid Gross <JGross@econolite.com> wrote:
Steven wrote,

>Has anyone contacts that could possibly source "new 1725" engines or other
>parts such as diff's etc from this Iranian company retooling to continue
>Rootes production  ?

The Iranians stopped using the 1725 in the early 80s.  They use the
decendant
of the Avenger engine, now called a peugeot engine.

I think even when they were using the 1725, they used the iron head version.

Id be interested in what rootes parts that they do still use though.

Jarrid Gross