Re: Roll bar x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Roll bar x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: GSTROM99@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 18:48:29 EDT
In a message dated 8/10/01 1:44:31 PM Central Daylight Time,
snowman@shasta.com writes:

> I wonder if there is a practical way of installing a
>  functional roll bar that will fit under both soft and hard tops, and
>  that will give me more than cosmetic satisfaction.

Only way I know of is to build it yourself (or have it built by a reputable
race shop) with a diagonal piece and WELD the whole thing in.  If you want to
keep the soft top cover panels operable, then there will have to be a
compromise on the rear bracing (they are supposed to connect to the roll bar
as high as possible.

Mine (Series II) fits fine with either soft or hard top in place.

Gary Strom