Re: [Dayton British car show]

To: "jumpinjan" <servaij@cris.com>, Alpine List <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Dayton British car show]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 9 Aug 2001 22:59:55 EDT
Unbelieveable- TWO (2) Harringtons at one, non-Rootes show.  The people
attending probably had no idea how rare Harringtons are.

Any Hillmans make it? Dayton is a bit too far for me, plus my son was getting
married on Saturday!

Jan Eyerman
1959 Hillman Minx Series III DeLuxe
1973 Hillman Avenger DL (will be driving to Luray, VA for the show)

"jumpin'jan" <servaij@cris.com> wrote:
Last Saturday was a nice summer day to have a British Car show in
Dayton. We had breakfast together and the six alpines and six happy
drivers drove in formation to the show. We got a lot of smiles along the
way from other motorists which was neat. In the picture below, it looks
like the Alpines outnumbered the Tigers by 6 to 1. In reality, a couple
of Tiger owners arrived fashionably late (or just lazy out of the
sack?).
Jan
http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/jans_pics/british_dayton.JPG
--