Brake Servo End Plug

To: "Alpine List" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake Servo End Plug
From: "Ryan Lee" <jsrlee@powersurfr.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 23:13:11 -0600
The end plug on my Girling MKIIA Servo will not budge.I substituted the
recommended pry bar made from 1/8" welding rod for a bent #6 screwdriver and
it only bent the screwdriver. The unit is not rusted. The only thing I can
think of is at some point over the last twenty years it has been around ,the
unit was exposed to hydrocarbon fluid and  the seal on the end plug swelled
so much it just won,t give. Logic dictates that if one could melt the seal
the plug would slip out.Does anyone know of an off the shelf solvent that
would do the trick?
Reference: Tiger Shop Manual ,Section K , Page 20, Fig 10, Part number 8

    John Lee
    B38200073LRXFE