Re: brake lights

To: bmounce@impop.bellatlantic.net
Subject: Re: brake lights
From: "" <davidkellogg@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 20:51:54
Bill,

  Another thought about your brake light question.  In the Volvo club (Volvo
Sports America) several years ago, one of the members had the same concern
you have voiced about dim brake lights.

  He changed the socket on his P 1800-S and rewired his directional lights
so they could accomodate a two filament bulb.  When he spliced in a pigtail
wire from the brake circuit, it gave him twice the brake light, and at *two
adjacent locations* with the added advantage of redundancy.  If one of the
brake light bulbs failed, there was another working on that side of the car
until he could detect and replace the second bulb.  It's conceptually
elegant, and causes minimal butchering of the original car, to boot.

  I hope this is of help.  If there's anything further I might do, please
let me kmow.

  Cheers,

  David Kellogg