Re: Polishing Stainless Trim

To: <Fmarrone@turinnetworks.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Polishing Stainless Trim
From: "Timothy R. Stiffy" <tstiffy@pulsenet.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 19:29:34 -0700
I bought a metal polishing kit from J.C.Whitney Co. The kit came with 4
different grit compounds and 3 buffing wheels. The compounds and wheels
polish stainless steel, aluminum, chrome, brass, etc. The kit cost $24.95.
The also sell a buffing kit for portable 3/8" drills. This kit costs $7.95
but only comes with 1 wheel. I've buffed my aluminum valve cover and it came
out pretty nice. You can buy online at www.jcwhitney.com
I also buy a glass polishing kit to remove some wiper blade scratches. Very
slow going, but I did remove about 2" of the scratch so far. It take about 1
hour per inch. Hope this helps.

Tim
S1 Alpine