RE: [re: Jack Needed]

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [re: Jack Needed]
From: Russell Maddock <russell@pbirwin.com.au>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 13:30:03 +1000
Yep, I'm with Jan.

Years ago I was changing the Rotoflex couplings on my Imp - a process which
involves getting the rear wheels off the ground and then turning them by
hand to try to get the bolt holes in the drive shafts to meet up with the
bolt holes in the couplings.

I was turning the wheel on one side when something, maybe a vibration, made
me think "I've got to get out from under this car NOW". I only made it out
by a whisker when the axle stand toppled over, otherwise I would have been
just another grease mark on the concrete.

My big mistake was forgetting to chock the wheels even though it was my
habit to do this. Now I make doubly sure to chock the wheels put everything
under the car.

Russ