Re: [Re: Fw: Camshaft]

To: <jan.eyerman@usa.net>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Re: Fw: Camshaft]
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 16:41:05 EDT
Jan,
I haven't found a reason do use an electric pump and have never had a stock AC
pump fail to provide plenty of fuel, even at over 7500 rpm, autocrossing.  I
have seen many cars with electric pumps that have had problems aside from
electro-mechanical failures.  Craig Burlingame's Hillman Californian is a prime
example: it continually quit running, and following a hunch (because I had seen
it twice before) I determined it had 11 pounds of fuel pressure at the
carburetor needle valve, jamming it closed.  There were two remedies for this:
add a pressure regulator or install a stock pump.  I installed the correct pump.
Jim