Re: 3rd-4th shift fork

To: dgb <dbilesky@home.com>
Subject: Re: 3rd-4th shift fork
From: "jumpin'jan" <servaij@cris.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 08:05:29 -0700
dgb wrote:

> I am holding the 3rd - 4th gear shifting fork in my hand.
> It looks worn and most probably the reason I was popping out of third gear.
>
> Who sells shift forks?

I don't know if Rick or Curt sells them. Tranny parts are very limited.

> What else should I do while the gear box is out and why have I found no
> gaskets so far?

There are thin paper gaskets in it, and I make them myself from a good
grade of gasket material that I buy by the roll.

> I am boring and going to 20 thous over pistons...Any recommendations as to
> types or are there choices and where can they be found?

Here again, buy from Rick or Curt. There is no choice of manufacturer,
one is lucky to just get them.

> The cam has a groove in one of the lobes and pitting on others...what to do?
> The crank was ground.

Your cam is toast. Since it was reground, you need to find a good used
one. I have a new reground cam w/lifters that Elgan Cam produced. I'll
sell it for $200.

Jan

--