Re: Head Games

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Head Games
From: ellis838@concentric.net
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 17:41:44 -0400
 Gave the head on my new engine the Vizard treatment. It is not difficult, you
can do it with a hand drill and the aluminum is soft so a cheap cutter will
last, you just have to
keep picking the clogs out of it which takes more time than the job. I used a
porting kit from Summit to polish after the rough cuts were done and cc'd the
combustion chambers
with a big syringe and piece of Plexiglas. Vaseline to seal it and rubbing
alcohol as the liquid. I have noticed the timing can be advanced further on
this engine with no pinging
and it pulls well. Not sure if the no pinging is due to the porting and better
combustion chamber or less compression with the bigger combustion chamber, then
the cam grind could
have something to do with it also. Would be interesting to try it in a before
and after situation to see how noticeable just that modification would be...Jim