Re: Another Interesting Story

To: jan.eyerman@usa.net (Jan Eyerman)
Subject: Re: Another Interesting Story
From: rnanzig@webtv.net (robert nanzig)
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 16:39:20 -0400 (EDT)
     A while back I was making a sales call on a store owner not far
from here and told him that I occasionally brought my kids to his store
for ice cream in my Alpine. He got all glassy eyed and started
reminiscing about HIS Alpine ( small world ) and that he could still
remember what it smelled like.
     Ever since then I've been wondering what smell he remembers. Is it
gas fumes from the cross-over tube in the trunk, clutch fluid smoldering
on the hot downpipes, antifreeze spewing from the radiator, or rodent
droppings from last winter's mouse carnival in the upholstery?
     I asked my brother ( my SV's previous owner ) about the accuracy of
the guages and his reply was " Who needs guages, just sniff to see which
fluid is burning or leaking and that's the system that needs attention."
     God I love these cars!

See you all in Dayton.

Rob Nanzig
67SV