Camshaft Identification

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Camshaft Identification
From: SunbeamAlpine64@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 03:06:12 EDT
Hello again.

I just received a replacement camshaft for the 1725 I'm planning to rebuild.
What I ordered was a Holbay cam but what arrived bears the same 2 sets of
numbers stamped onto it as the standard cam I took out and the lobes seem to
be in the same position although it does have `ST 2` (Stage 2?) painted on
it. I've asked the dealer to get back to me with confirmation of the
specification - but I'm not convinced so far as I was expecting something
visibly different - In the meantime does anyone know if the cam can be
identified from its markings or will I have to take it to a shop to have the
specification determined?

thanks in advance for your experience
Mark
Series IV GT