crankcase vent

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: crankcase vent
From: Baruchguz@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 10:45:24 EDT
To the list:

I have an oil leak which seems to be eminating from the crankcase ventilation
pipe area. There are no hoses attached to this pipe so it is not fitted with
the closed crankcase ventialation system, and it points directly downward.
This pipe starts at the inspection/ service plate attached to the side of the
engine, directly behind the distributor/ vacuum advance. I do not know what
this plate is called but it is bolted on with 8 -10 bolts. Perhaps the leak
is from a gasket behind this plate. If anyone ou there can provide some
insight , It would be greatly appreciated. The engine is not original to the
car, a series V as there are no numbers on the block where they should be but
the carbs are D50 Strombergs.

Kurt