RE: Oil Pressure Paint fading

To: steven kirk <stevenkirk@mindspring.com>, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Oil Pressure Paint fading
From: Jarrid Gross <JGross@econolite.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 16:25:47 -0700
Steven,

>I have noticed the oil pressure on my series 2 with a 1725 cc engine
appears
>to be low when at low revs such as waiting at a traffic light. The oil
>pressure is OK at high revs. Has anyone else experienced this problem? How
do
>I cure this? I have heard there is a way of modifying the oil pressure
valve
>has anyone done this? Any suggestions thanks?

Might not be the oil pressure valve.

dropping to 10 to 15 psi (hot) at idle is fairly common on moderate milage
engines.

If the pressure is lower than that, and come up quicky with revs, suspect a
partially
opened relief valve.

If this is the case, dont modify it, replace it.

There is a oil pressure relief valve tech note at:
http://www.team.net/www/rootes/sunbeam/alpine/mk1-5/techtips/techtips.html

Jarrid