Unbelievable

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Unbelievable
From: Brent Kasl <kasl100@navix.net>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 06:29:15 -0500
No Od! That's right. For the second attempt I still do not have a
working OD unit. My first attempt in 2000 saw something happening when
OD was engaged just to discover when lifting off the gas the car
fluttered and redeuced revs, and when disengaging OD, it did act like a
downshift. We suspected low oil pressure so out it comes. I was told the
incorrect cam lobe was provided that did not have a peaked enough lobe
to allow full oil pressure build up. Makes sense. So the correct cam was
installed and back in for a try. Monday night saw 3500 and higher rpm
and OD engaged. Nothing. When lifting off gas, yes their is something
going on because of the quick drop in rpm, and when disengaging, their
is a downshift effect. But I do not see the drop at high rpm with steady
speed. All electrics appear fine. Am I missing something basic? My next
step is to question the supplier about the cam lobe. I have not tried
running the car on stands yet. That may be tonight. Thanks Brent