Re: [Halogen Bulbs]

To: Hal436@aol.com, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Halogen Bulbs]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 3 May 2001 22:06:38 EDT
Very interesting.... a great deal of effort was made to DIM the bulbs (or to
turn them off!) and yet you feel that making the dash bulbs brighter is better
idea!!!  You obviously are not alone as there is someone selling the bulbs and
many people are buying them.  Maybe dimming is really a bad idea (I never dim
my dash lights, I alwys leave them on full power-so I agree with you).

Jan

1959 Hillman Minx Series III (with barely visible instrument lighting!)
1973 Plymouth Cricket (with somewhat better instrument lighting)

Hal436@aol.com wrote:
Hi !!

It has been a full week now since I installed the balance of the 5W halogen
bulbs in my tiger and so far nothing unusual has occurred.  The only
difference that I have noticed is that my gauges are well illuminated and
easy to read.  It is so nice to see a well lit dash that is easy to read.

Hopefully, I will not experience any difficulties.  I have made it a point to

use the car in the evening to give the bulbs a chance to cause a problem but
it appears that Jeff
Zorn at LBC was correct in telling me that I would not have any difficulty.
This is the type of maintenance that is so important for people like me who
have been labeled as mechanically challenged.

I have responded to a number of E Mail requests for Jeff Zorn's shop.  I will

include it here now as I am confident that the bulbs will not cause a
problem.

<A HREF="http://www.lbcarco.com/";>The Little British Car Company</A>

Thanks,  Hal Jean