Celluloid Sunbeam Sighting

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Celluloid Sunbeam Sighting
From: "Jonathan Audette" <yamamota@sprint.ca>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 22:21:31 -0500
Hmm, pretty quiet out there this weekend...  so here's some exciting Sunbeam
Alpine news!  A heretofore unrecognized appearence of our favorite car on
the silver screen, spotted by none other than my long-suffering wife,
Arlene!  Great excitement when we saw two red Series V's (maybe Series IV's)
in the 1966 classic "The Great St. Trinian's Train Robbery" on the tube this
afternoon.   It's a silly English comedy in the genre of "Its a Mad, Mad,
Mad, Mad World".   The Alpine's are showcased quite nicely for a minute or
so, and maybe more earlier that we didn't see.  Later on in the movie,
there's a shot from above of two red convertibles, but they're not the
Alpines, they're a Triumph and an MGB.  Wasn't following the plot, so I'm
not sure what was going on.  When I expressed my confusion with the vehicle
switch, my wife, ever cynical, replied that "the Alpines had probably broken
down!"  Ouch!

T.J., this is definitely one to add to your list...