Alpine sighting

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Alpine sighting
From: GSTROM99@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 20:57:55 EST
On a road trip today to deliver my Formula car to it's new owner (Dennison,
IL near Terre Haute, IN), I stumbled across a Sunbeam Alpine GT.  Out of the
corner of my eye I spotted "Sunbeam" in script on the rear deck lid and had
to stop.  It was sitting next to this country road under about 6-8 inches of
snow with a bunch of other abandoned looking cars (typical for southern
Indiana/Illinois country yards...).  It is a complete white fastback, with
Rootes/Chrysler markings, kinda different taillights and serial #B399002822.
I couldn't open the hood  due to the snow.   I'm no expert with these.  What
is it?

I didn't have a camera (of course) and I'm kicking myself for not going up
the (kinda scary looking) house to inquire about it.  If someone wants
directions, let me know.

Gary Strom