Re: [Re: Sunbeam Invasion - June 8th, 9th, 10th 2001]

To: Victor Hughes <v.hughes@student.canberra.edu.au>,
Subject: Re: [Re: Sunbeam Invasion - June 8th, 9th, 10th 2001]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 20 Nov 00 10:05:05 EST
Victor,

Since I will be bringinbg my Plymouth Cricket, what should I match against?

Jan Eyerman and "Creaky" the 1973 Plymouth Cricket (but soon to be rebadged as
a Hillman Avenger)

Victor Hughes <v.hughes@student.canberra.edu.au> wrote:
Ian

Just wish I could be there.... Then I could organise a Cricket match (with Tea
interval), what could be more appropriate for LBC's....

Cheers

Vic

Ian Spencer wrote:

> >From the amount of interest I've been receiving about this event, I would
be inclined to expect around 100 cars.

> For those coming with families, there are many attractions of interest in
the area. The US Air Force Museum, Kings Island, The Dayton Art Museum, and
the Booncroft Museum of Discovery. Of course, we also have Tiger Auto
Service.

> The Event will be located about 20 minutes north of Dayton in Tipp City.
Tipp City is an old historical lock town from the canal days. Today it is more
an antique town with several shops and local hand made goods.

> I'm still working on the promotional end of things, but plan to have
everything ready to post by December 1st. I will be providing a location for
parts vending  and encourage swapping, haggeling, and selling of parts, cars
and regalia. There will be no extra fee for parts vendors.

> We are also going to have a Poker Rally and encourage everyone to
participate. The design is intended to get everyone out driving their cars
without too much of a technical twist. If everything works to plan there will
be a lot of passing other Rootes cars and waving...stuff like that. The best
three Poker Hands win trophies. (Cards will be drawn at check stops.)

> More detailed info will be posted soon.
>
> Thanks everyone for the support and positive feedback on this. I look
forward to showing everyone a good time here in Dayton next June. - Ian