Re: Alternator Question

To: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Subject: Re: Alternator Question
From: tjhiggin@chris.iss.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 00 12:54:00 CDT
Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com writes:
> I have my Mitsubishi alternator hooked up and running.  I've been driving
> it to work.  My ammeter however, after it settles down from start up, reads
> no less than 20 amps, and sometimes up near 27/28.  Nothing special is on.
> No lights, no brakes, no turnsignals, no radio.  Just running along.  Just
> prior to stopping the car to swap the headers and the alternator, it would
> run at a tick over 0 on the ammeter.  The battery is pretty new and I don't
> think the car really sat so long that it would get drained so badly.  Any
> suggestions?

Put your battery on a charger so it's fully charged the next time you
drive the car.  This will let you compare the ammeter reading.  If it
reads no differently than before, you can discount the battery as a
factor; if it does read significantly lower then you know the battery
was low.

--
T.J. Higgins
tjhiggin@ingr.com